January 14, 2012

Expectations For Tomorrows Globe

The Golden Globes tomorrow will be a huge indication on who will be nominated (and possibly win) the Oscars.  For awhile, I have been saying that this year, it has been so hard to predict who will sweep up the awards. It was such a great year, and many breakout movies, actors, and actresses really stood out to me. Since, moving to New York, I have been able to see a lot of films that I would not have been able too if I was living in my last home in Pittsburgh, PA or my families new location in Jacksonville, FL. This is the first time that I have seen most of the films that have been nominated and as a Film Production student who wants to join the film industry and be involved in movies for the rest of my life, it feels really good.

 I am that person who watches the pre-show and looks out for my favorite stars and judge the attire, so if you don't want to get a dashboard full of my dribble then come back when the event starts :P

So, first here are my predictions of who will take home the gold.

Prediction: The Help
Prediction: Brad Pitt

Prediction: The Artist

Prediction: Viola Davis
Prediction: Jean Dujardin
Prediction: Kristen Wiig
Prediction: Christopher Plummer
Prediction: Octavia Spencer
Prediction: Michel Hazanavicius
Prediction: Midnight in Paris

So, there are my predictions for the most part. Some, I am about 50/50 right now ( I haven't seen all the films.)  However, the category I'm most interested in is The Best Actor category.  In my opinion, it's going fall down between Pitt and Clooney. That's just plain and simple. Do I believe that they deserve to win? Well, no not really. Pitt was very good in Moneyball. I liked Moneyball.  I have yet, to see Clooney in The Descendants but I hear he also makes an excellent performance. If it was up to me, Michael Fassbender would win hands down. An actor who can pull off a peformance like that and be so brave and daring deserves the acolades. However, this won't happen. The academy hated "Shame." The content is too risque. This and that and this and that. Also, as I mentioned in a previous post Fassbender has not been hustling like Clooney and Pitt (and no one hustles better than Cloon and Pitt.) Based on pure performance in a film, Fassbender would have my vote. But he won't win and that's that. Heck, I'm not even confident that he will even be nominated for an Oscar (that's for a whole 'nother post) As for my prediction for Pitt, I am basing this on an idea that they will give it to him as an "Isn't it about time you got one?" He's been working hard. Campaigning with Jolie (who has been working hard to get "In the Land of Blood and Honey" in the running as well)  and working the crowds, kissing the babies, and hitting the news junkets.

See! Isn't he dashing?



I would be fine if Pitt gets it. He's been in the business for along time and has worked his way up for many years (and still very relevant.) The Cloon had his time with the gold statue, why not give it to his good friend?

As for the event tomorrow I think it's going to be good. As I've said Ricky Gervais is going to bring it. He said on Conan that this will be his last time hosting so I bet he's going to let it all hang out. There will be some nervous people in that room tomorrow. NO. ONES. SAFE. LOL

See ya tomorrow ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment