February 22, 2012

Project X: The High School Party You Wish You Had




For awhile now the posters for the upcoming Hangover baby, Project X, have been hanging all around my campus. The people here are excited for this film. Like, REALLY excited. Sandy Schaefer over at Screen Rant refers to the upcoming film as 'The Hangover' meets 'Cloverfield'. And dare I say it, even I'm excited for the film (I couldn't make the screening sadly.) For weeks the film has been showing at different colleges. All sectors of the college social demographics are talking about it, and honestly, I can't blame them. Check out the trailer alone:


Prediction: This film is going to go over well. And I don't mean with just kids my age.  I think Project X will become a success through word of mouth to the point where adults will even want to check it out. Because, let's be honest. Parents have no clue what goes on at their kids high school and college parties. Sure, they may think the worse thing would be alcohol and cigs, but I think this film will give a very candid view on what a real party can turn into (obviously not to the grand scale of Project X, but to a certain degree.)

The film has a lot of things going for it. The main characters are true underdogs with different identifiable personalities.  A director who has directed the 2 best party movies of our time (Todd Phillips who gave us Old School and The Hangover) and who knows what he's doing when it comes to frat party entertainment and humor. Also, we love when good things spin out of control. I foresee, this being one of the most epic films of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment