March 3, 2012

Spotlight of the Day: Joel Kinnaman (Meet Your New RoboCop!)


Name: Charles Joel Nordström 
Birth Date: November 25, 1979
Birthplace: Stockolm, Sweden
Breakout Role: He's big in Sweden, but made a small blip on the US radar for his work on the AMC mini series The Killing. Now it was just announced that he will make his US debut as the new RoboCop. To fans of fellow Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgard, he is best known as being one of Skarsgard's buddies. However, I predict Alex might have a run for his money for the title of "H-town's Top Swede" as Joel slowly makes his way into American films. You will see Joel in Aurthur & Lancelot along side Kit Harington and rumored Gary Oldman.

Why I Like Him: He is a very good and versatile actor. In Sweden, he is well respected and he definitely showed his acting prowess in The Killing with his American accent. He has done a lot of stage work and with his good looks, he definitely has the makings of a breakout star.

Why I Worry: I'm already leery about the RoboCop remake to begin with so I would be lying if I said that I was thrilled that this would be his first major US film. However, I know what he is capable of acting wise and will be interested to see what he will do with the role. Also, Joel is known in Sweden to be kind of a bad boy so as he slides his way into the American spotlight I hope he keeps his shit tight and doesn't go off the wall crazy.



No comments:

Post a Comment